Subject: Another it CAN ?
From: Kent Lidke <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 30 Jan 1996 13:14:12 -0800

>>>>>

 In article <[email-masked]> [email-masked]
 (Blacky) writes:
 > >     Sure would.  A suggestion I made a long time ago is a "focus target":
 > >you target the focus at an object, and it is always in the middle of the
 DOF.
 > >You could use a null object to track the focus around, just like you do the
 > >"null camera target" trick.
 >         Now that, my friend, would be bloody beautiful.

  Doesn't the new WaveFilter do this for it's DOF blur?

 <<<<<<

 I don't think so.  You adust the focal distance manually in WaveFilter, and
the depth of field by changing the %blur/distance from focal length. 
Basically, it applies a blur percentage based on how far from focal length an
object is, derived from the z-buffer.

 Or so the manual says.  It's fast and looks great.

  E-mail from: Kent S. Lidke, 30-Jan-1996